a busy life and a thankful girl.

November 28, 2011


Sorry for the lack of updating. We had family in town this past week for Thanksgiving and things were quite busy. I do want to say how thankful both Michael and I are our families and the love and support shown by all these last two weeks. We had so much to be thankful for this week and it was nice to reflect on all our blessings.

If I have been a horrible communicator, I am terribly sorry. Sydney hasn't been sleeping at all during the day which means I don't have my hands free most the time. And when I do, I am desperately trying to get school work done as the end of the semester is creeping up on me. I may have to take a break from grad school next semester until I get a handle on all of this better. I am trying to hold it together, but I feel like I am failing half the time. To all you moms out there: kudos to you! This is hard work! Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but it can be so overwhelming at times. Baby blues are definitely something I knew I would have with my tendency toward lows, but learning how to cope with those feelings is new territory for me. If anyone has any advice please send it my way! 

Anyway, on to happier times. We had our two week appointment today. Sydney has gained almost 12 ounces. She has grown an inch and she is a healthy little girl! So far, my favorite time of day is 4 in the morning when she wakes me up to feed her. After she gets her late night snack I rock her in my arms until she falls asleep. As she dozes off to sleep, she gives me these little sleepy smiles. It melts my heart. And it makes 4 in the morning A LOT more appealing. I love watching her grow every day. I love giving her baths. I adore her little facial expressions. I am kinda obsessed with her little toes. The list is endless. She is a joy. I love her so. To a happy week!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice post-and you should definitely put that first picture up in a frame. It is too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the little one, Jessica! Beautiful pictures and a beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete