my man and his little lady.

December 20, 2011


Aren't they just darling? They are my two favorite people in the whole world. Michael is such a good dad. He has become an excellent soother. Sometimes I like to spy on him when he is with Sydney alone. Oh man those moments just melt my heart. There is nothing quite like watching your husband fullfil the role of a father. I am so lucky to have him. 

By the way, I am finally finished with my first semester as a graduate student. HOLY COW! This was possibly the craziest few months of my life. But looking back, I am glad I did it. I finally achieved one of my life goals of getting a 4.0. Yes I said life goals and yes I had yet to achieve it until this semester. My whole time as an undergraduate student I tried every single stinkin' semester to do it, but every time fell a little short. Except for my very first semester in which I fell A LOT a bit short :) Live and learn right?

Anyway, life is swell. We are in California just loving relaxing. PS. I went on my very first post pregnancy run! And it was awful! I don't think I have ever felt that much pain running. I felt like I was carrying an extra thirty pounds, oh wait, I am. Yes believe it or not I stepped on a scale this week and wanted to cry. I will be honest I gained a TON during pregnancy. Much more than recommended, and much more than normal. 60 pounds anyone? YA. I have lost half of that from giving birth and I am sure breast feeding. But, I have a long way to go. So I think my body better get ready for a reality check, cause this little gal wants to run a marathon in June. Mmm.. another life time goal, marathon after every pregnancy. Let's hope I can meet this one! 

Cheers! Only a few more days until Christmas!
xo

1 comment:

  1. wow way to freaking go!! 4.0! That is amazing. I'm so glad you are finished and can enjoy your holidays with your cute family. Meh, 30 lbs will drop right off of you. You are so active and a Marathon is quite the motivation. Good luck with everything. Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete