As per Request

January 28, 2012


*Disclosure: These are not the cheapest makeup items. I don't currently have money to afford this kind of awesome makeup, but I did receive some of these items for Christmas {and luckily others have lasted me a long time} - otherwise I haven't be able to buy them since we got married! I will disclose my {on a budget} make up favorites next week!

1. Laura Mercier Star Dust Minearl Illuminating Powder: This is a must for the dreary months of winter. It gives you that summertime glow we all wish we still had.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free: LOVE Laura Mercier anything, but this is a favorite for me. She made this moisturizer/foundation so incredibly light. It feels like I am not wearing a thing and it comes in all sorts of colors to match your skin perfectly. I was never a fan of liquid foundation until I found this {thank you caitlin leavitt}. Try it!
3. Diorshow Mascara: oh man do I ever swear by this. All of Dior's mascara is fantastic, but nothing quite beats this one for me. {my other fave is Diorshow Blackout}
4. Nars Funny Face Lipstick: Absolutely love this color. Their lipstick stays on great and it is a very smooth application. Love!
5. Clinique exfoliating scrub: The week before I got married, my skin was SUPER dry. I was on acne medication at the time. A lady at the clinique counter recommended this with some good moisturizer and it was a miracle! I only use it once in a while to freshen up my skin, but I just love this stuff. 
6. Laura Mercier Pink Mosaic Shimmer Bloc: Whenever I wear this I always get lots of compliments. It really does give you a youthful glow and brightens your face, eyes, and cheeks. I love the palette color in the Pink Mosaic, but they have a few more choices. Oh I wish you weren't so expensive! 
7. Mac Painterly Paint Pot: This is like a primer, but for eyeshadow. My roommates introduced this to me a few years ago. It works like a charm to keep your eyes all razzle dazzle for a long time!
8. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer: We all need a little color in our skin, especially during the winter. 
9. Bare Minerals Bali Eye shadow: This is by far my favorite color by Bare Minerals. It is a light shimmery gold color that is lovely during the summer and can be pulled off really anytime!
10. Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner: This was a random find for me at the drugstore. I am always looking for new eyeliners. I was using the MAC creme eyeshadow for a while, but I thought it was a pain to wash the brush out all the time. This is much more on the go friendly and I'd say with a baby, that's a keeper! 
11. Bare Minerals Medium MATTE Foundation: I love this stuff! It really helps to level out my skin tone and goes great by itself or over a liquid foundation. It sets liquid foundation really well. Anyway, it is good for your skin and personally I feel it is a lightweight alternative to most foundations. 
12. OPI Mermaid's Tears Nail Polish: Okay, I am not a huge nail polish girl, but I love this color and brand!  

2 comments:

  1. Such a great resource. Thanks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this blog post, I love it. I love bare minerals, luckily my mother in law has supplied me with enough for life. I'll have to ask for Laura Mercier liquid foundation next Christmas, I hate liquid foundation too, but it can be so useful at times.

    ReplyDelete