feminine

February 7, 2012




So my inner i need to make my house pretty even if we wont live here for a long time because i just have to be able to feel like its home radar went off this weekend. So, I geeked out on crafts. Like really geeked out. The first of these crafts was painting and reupholstering my kitchen table and chairs. All I did was paint the frames a turquoise/blue color and hot glue some fabric around the seats. {I was too lazy to staple gun}. Anyway, they turned out very pretty and feminine and old country and vintagey. Then I realized I live with a man. And I felt very bad for my decision to "girlify" our kitchen. Whoops! haha Michael was very kind, but equally as kind, told me it was a little feminine - it doesn't exactly spell MAN anywhere. He's right. I someday owe him a very manly table and chairs... someday. For now, these will do! So there is a dose of DIY inspiration. New paint and fabric goes a long way! More projects to show this week. 

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, these chairs are amazing! If he doesn't like the chairs he can sit on the floor, or go make his own chairs :) I don't think they're feminine at all, they're just chairs - beautiful, beautiful chairs. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, when you sit on them... you cover the girly part! LOL!

      Delete