{dress me modeste} navy polka dots

March 2, 2012

Okay so if you know me, you know I love to make things. I am not sure if it's because it gives me some sort of satisfaction, or if making things is like something therapeutic, or if I was that kid that always said, "i can do it all by myself, mom." Regardless, I have always watched my mother create. And it has always inspired me. I have always watched my dad fix things, so I annoyingly helped him through most every building/fixing task he did. {I always joke with Michael that I am the man in the house because I use my extensive tool kit and power drill on a weekly basis}. My mom always tells me that when I was a little girl I would take all my crafts and spread them all over the floor, the minute a room was cleaned. Well, yesterday I cleaned my bedroom, my floor was spotless, what did that mean? Pull out the crafts!

So I have been obsessed with some lovely dresses lately. Ones I can't afford. Nor am I in the best shape of my life, so its hard to justify spending the money {oh and we don't have the money either haha}. So, I have decided to make some dresses. Last night I finally finished one I started before I was even pregnant. I fell in love with this dress from Emersonmade a little over a year ago. It was $288. 
Here is my rendition. 
Obviously had to make it a little more modest so I added sleeves. 
I chose to do a purple flower instead. 



It's far from a perfect match, but it only cost me $25. If you would like to make this dress. I based it off of this pattern that you can find a Joann fabrics or order on Amazon. I am not an expert sewer by any means, but I can find my way through a pattern {sometimes with a little phone call to my mom}. Go make one yourself and save the money! 

PS. LAST DAY to enter the oysters & pearls giveaway. Winner will be announced tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. stop it!! you made this?!?! why did we ever care about boys in college, but instead we should have started a dress shop together:))) And by together I mean you sew while I cheer you on/watch your sweet Sydney/make you meals;)))) hahaha love you girl and congrats at being incredibly wonderful/talented! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable. and the dresses are nearly identical. Great job! good for you:) I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! that's amazing! i love your blog. love your craftiness & mama-ness too.

    ReplyDelete