mother's day

May 14, 2012

Motherhood (written late last night)
As I laid in bed tonight I had a moment. One of those moments where life kind of takes your breath away. To my left, my dear husband was in dream land, and in my arms, my sweet little Sydney. You see, I could not put her down tonight. One year ago, I nervously announced we were expecting. Mother's Day seemed the perfect opportunity to share such exciting news. One year later, and there is a little girl in my arms. I feel so grateful for the mothers in my life and the very woman who taught me how to be a mother. I love being a mother. This year was especially sweet and special for our family as we welcomed our very first child into the world. I am so thankful that she was healthy and that she grew with her sweet spirit and little body inside me. So much fear, exhaustion, and anticipation is replaced with so much joy, love, and understanding. I know my role in this life is to be a mother and I find so much joy fulfilling this life long dream. It is often I lay in bed with tears. Happy tears. Tonight was no different. This little girl does so much to my soul, she changes me and makes me better. She adds so much more to my life than I ever thought possible. I love her so much. God trusted me with her sweet little spirit. Me. I pray everyday that I can be the best me, just for her. Sydney is my little miracle. Really, a miracle. A mother's love is the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced and felt in my life. I can't tell you how many times I have pounded on the doors of heaven, pleading for guidance, strength, and hope as a new mother. God is so good and he has blessed me beyond my ability to put into words. Mother's Day, what a perfect holiday. I love you mom, my dear sweet mother. I hope you know your love has given me the wings to fly. Every dream I have dreamed is always given life because of you. I hope your years left on earth are many, because I still have so much to learn from you. Oh I love you. I hope everyone had a beautiful mother's day.  

“You are doing God's work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you, and He will bless you, --even--no, -especially--when your days and your nights may be most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and weep over their responsibility as mothers, `Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' And it will make your children whole as well.”  Elder Jeffrey R. Holland 

3 comments:

  1. such a tender post, you are a beautiful momma and a great role model to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so precious. I seriously got all teary eyed. happy mothers day beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete