growing up: letters to my girl

June 18, 2012



My sweet Sydney,
Seven months have passed since you became a part of our little family. You have reached so many milestones the past few weeks. You are sitting up perfectly now, no help needed. You have also realized how much fun it is to roll over and over and over again instead of just a few times. I often find you on the opposite of the room if I turn around for just a second. The most exciting development this month was you crawled for the very first time. I knew it would happen so soon since you have been teetering on all fours for a few weeks. I was so sad I missed your first crawl - I was out running the Ragnar relay when it happened. But you have since done it a few times and I am just thrilled! You talk all the time and tell me so many stories. I can tell they must be important because your volume sure does heighten quite a bit. It has been such a blessing to watch your personality develop over time. I can see what a sweetheart you are every day. Everyone always asks me if you ever stop smiling. I never know what to say because yes you have your moments, but really you are just always so happy. I feel like people don't believe me when I say that, but you are just a content little girl. You remind me of myself. People always used to call me smiley because I always had a smile. I love that you are the same way. Its so beautiful to see. Your daddy takes the MCAT this week. You have been his strength through all of this. When he gets overwhelmed he just comes home to take you the swings, go on a walk, or simply to see you smile. You make his day. I love watching you two interact with each other, it is so special. Yesterday we celebrated Michael's first father's day thanks to you :) It was so wonderful to reminisce how we got here. We love you little one.
Love,
Momma

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! my she sure gets more and more beautiful everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, and she will enjoy these one day. It's cool to see how she's grown over the months. Her hair is really getting long! She is just beautiful Jessica!

    ReplyDelete