hikes, waterfalls, shaved ice, and fireworks

July 5, 2012


Michael had to teach some lessons in the morning, but as soon as we could, we took a drive up the mountain. What originally was a run down the canyon turned into a "hey lets hike to stewart falls." Which I must say was more fun with my two loves than the many times I took little BYU cross country camp kiddos up there. {I think it had to do with the fact that it turns into a muddy adventure with hundreds of kids egging each other on to go under the water.} After our hike we headed to the Provo hot spot to get some shaved ice with ice cream in the middle and condensed milk on top {heavenly}. Sydney thoroughly enjoyed this.
In the evening, we met up with some friends nearby the stadium to watch the fireworks. To my surprise, Sydney was absolutely mesmerized by the colors and sounds. I think she enjoyed them even more than we did. I caught a cute little picture of her and her papa that just touches my heart.

Happy Fourth it was. Thank you to this amazing country and those who defend it. God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment