i know what you did last night

August 10, 2012

So my husband works on the european team at this awesome company, which means he is up at 2:00 am to get ready for work. I am a night owl plus I get a lot of my work done at night, so I often find myself going to bed just an hour or two before he gets up. For whatever reason Michael must be in the peak of his dreams at this point.

For example, the other night I tip toe into the bedroom and realize Michael is sleeping diagonally (so his head is on my pillow). I gently touch his head and bend down to whisper in his ear and I get a solid punch in the face. YES, this really happened. Michael mumbles and turns over. Sleep hit him like a rock. I just sat there crying, not because it was extremely painful, but because I think I was shocked my husband just socked me in the face and didn't even realize it. The next day when I told him he obviously felt bad, but couldn't stop laughing. He proceeded to tell me that he was having the most epic dream ever that involved him leading some sort of army to fight off an alien invasion. HA!

Second story; Again the other night I tip toe into the bedroom and carefully get in bed so I don't wake up Michael. As I get comfortable and turn facing away from Michael, I feel another punch. This time to my back. I was pretty mad because it was a lot harder than the punch to my face so I kind of yell at Michael, "What the heck?" He starts murmuring, obviously still in a sleep coma and turns over and goes right back to sleep. I just start laughing to myself at the irony of getting punched two days in a row by someone who is sleeping.

Third story; Last night Sydney was up all night long. She has four teeth coming in on top (the poor thing!) She was feverish and had the chills for most of the night. When I was finally able to get her to fall asleep for a little bit, I tip toed into the bedroom and carefully got into bed so I wouldn't wake up the sleeping, punching man. As I lay there in bed trying to fall asleep, I start to hear uncontrollable laughter. I look over to see Michael, sleeping, but finding something very amusing. All the sudden he sits up in bed and looks at me, laughs, then drops to his pillow and falls asleep like nothing happened. Oh man, I couldn't stop laughing. What a crazy night.

Moral of the story is, if you want to keep your nights entertaining, stay awake during those peak hours of dreamland for your significant other. It is sure to provide some interesting experiences!



5 comments:

  1. haha You should wear protective gear to bed, or get a bigger bed so he just punches the air. :)
    Jason travels in his sleep, and used to wack me all the time by accident and wake me up, but never himself. A king sized bed solved that for us. Now I get sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should!! lol Maybe we should get a king size bed haha!

      Delete
  2. I literally died laughing reading this post. I even read it out loud to daron. It made me cry I was laughing so hard. This is classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh I am glad it made you laugh! It was a pretty funny experience

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh - I am totally like your husband! One time when my son, who was a few days old at the time, woke up crying to eat- I started telling my husband that he wanted his ice cream. He questioned me (what sane person wouldn't?), to which I yelled at him that all our son wanted was his ice cream. My husband calming walked out of the room and came back a minute later....by that point I had realized what I said.

    ReplyDelete