confessions from a first time momma

September 14, 2012

 
























Falling asleep on me like old days... aw :)

This little chica was awake and standing in her crib when I got home from a little girls night. My heart melted when I saw her because she had the biggest smile on her face and said mama. I am not sure if she has connected the word with me, but it's her favorite thing to say right now so it is extra special. I just feel so lucky. Goodness what a feeling to know you are everything to a little soul. I am her mama. What a loaded word! Anyway, here are a few confessions for ya. 

5 things that make me incredibly happy

1. One little girl's smiles that light up my whole world. 
2. Seeing those little arms fly up, or those little arms gently tugging on me, or those little hands grasping the back of my neck. Just the mere fact that she wants ME, to be held by me and wants to be close to me, it just melts my heart!
3. The love of my life with our little love, doing anything... They are perfect together. Fatherhood looks good on you hun. Real good. Like it makes me so incredibly happy to see you as a daddy.
4. Watching Sydney learn new things in her little world. Oh the adventure of being able to look under your legs at your bum. For some reason she does it all day long...
5. Realizing that I am a mom. And a good one. I am not perfect, but I am getting this whole mom thing down, and after a few hard months in the beginning, it means the world to me. 

If you would like to read some more confessions go here

PS. Are you looking for a new blog design? Head on over the Crowley Party, I'm giving away two!

8 comments:

  1. YAY! I found you. Okay. First of all. I am your 100th follower. I wanted you to know. Haha. And second. I loved getting to know you last night! Thank you for the long chat. It was JUST what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so sweet. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your daughter are so adorable! I just found your blog. It is adorable. I can't wait to read more.

    come follow along http://sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are so sweet and adorable!
    fun to mee you last night.

    K

    kirstenandryanwiemer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH your little girl is so adorable! What a sweetheart, and what sweet stories. Being a mom is my dream job - I only hope I can be as great of a mom as you are!

    So fun meeting you last night,

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, what's up cutest blog ever? and baby girl is precious! i need one stat! haha so great meeting you last night. let's do it again for sure. for. sure.

    xo, b.

    brielleandscott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh you make me want a baby girl!! she is adorable!
    xx
    whitney
    themiddleofthestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete